WombatDialer started to be used for production services about two years ago. Its first adoption scenario was telecasting - delivering voice messages to a large set of recipients in a way that was fully automated, scalable, monitorable and integrated with external processes. We put a lot of effort into making sure that this worked to the point of being 100% reliable. Now our baby wombat is growing up.
A lot of users are demanding multi-tenancy and better control of how calls ending up to human agents are to be placed. Version 0.7.0 is available now, and it adds a number of interesting new features:
- Reverse dialing lets you have outbound agents immediately connected when the callee picks up, without the minimal delay of waiting on a queue for dispatching. On top of this we implemented preview dialing, where agents can check the number to dial and approve or skip it - we have a tutorial for this, showing the integration of the default preview panel into the QueueMetrics agent’s page at http://blog.wombatdialer.com/post/52639475437/preview . As with most things in WombatDialer, we included all-powerful APIs to roll your own.
- A complete security model that closely mimics the one used in QueueMetrics will let you define multiple, separate “tenants” having their own campaigns while sharing the physical Asterisk infrastructure
- Dynamic Campaigns: runs can now have lists of numbers added (or paused) while they are running. Working fine with “idle” campaigns as well.
- The Live page was improved to display the dialer status and - when using queue end-points - who is the agent currently connected to a call. Also a number of usability tweaks were implemented to make the experience smoother.
- The dialer controls now show extensive queue and agent details to make monitoring easier. Also the dialer supports better syncing to live queues when restarted.
- A number of performance changes will make processing larger campaigns a breeze.
A complete description of all the changes is available in the updated User Manual, available in HTML and PDF from http://www.wombatdialer.com/manuals.jsp
You can test drive the latest version now, by running "yum upgrade wombat" on an existing installation. Or see http://wombatdialer.com/installation.jsp
We look forward to your feedback and suggestions - we have a special forum for feedback located at http://wombatdialer.userecho.com . Let us know what you think of the new version and what you would like to see in the next version of WombatDialer.